Creality Ender 3 – TL Smoothers Upgrade and Test
How do I connect my TL smoother?
- Unplug your printer.
- Open your 3D printer’s electronics housing.
- Find your stepper drivers (your motors should be plugged directly into them).
- Unplug each motor and rewire it such that the motor connects to a TL smoother and the TL smoother to the driver (as pictured above).
How do you make a 3D printed piece smooth?
- Sanding. The most common method for smoothing PLA prints is sanding.
- Epoxy resin.
- Vapor smoothing.
- Heat gun smoothing.
How can I improve my 3D print surface finish?
- Adjust the bed and set the nozzle height.
- Check the nozzle’s temperature.
- Use different building plates to create different effects.
- Pay close attention to your printer’s adjustment and maintenance.
- Handle the filament carefully.
- Use a slicer.
- Lower the printing speed.
Do stepper dampers affect print quality?
Extruder Stepper Motor Dampers – While using stepper motor dampers on the extruder isn’t advised, many 3D printer owners do so to reduce noise further. The extruder stepper motor damper helps suppress the retraction movements significantly. But, it may affect the quality of your 3D prints.
How do I make my stepper motor quieter?
One trick to reduce audible noise is by increasing the microstepping level and step frequency together, while maintaining the same motor speed. By selecting a microstepping level which places the step frequency beyond the audio band, quiet motor operation can be achieved.
What is stepper motor damper?
Dampers are used to reduce resonances, reduce noise, and improve response time of step motor systems. They are mounted between the motor and machine, and work by reducing shock impulses and dissipating the kinetic energy in resonances.
How do you remove gears from a stepper motor?
Reprap Assembly 04, Stepper Motor Pressed Gear Removal
Does Z-hop help with stringing?
With Z-Hop turned off, you can prevent stringing, and your print will be ready faster since the nozzle does not need to retract and hop every time you have open space.
TL-smoother installation and test
Adding TL Smoothers to the Ender-3 and Ender-5 3d printer.
How to install TL smoothers on Ender-3 / CR-10 ?